Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Nothing before, nothing behind, the steps of faith fall upon the seeming void and find the rock beneath.


Lately the candle has burnt a little higher than is natural, just for me, I think. I can't help but wonder there is something in the room that hems it in, warmed with the transparent stadium of careful hands, telling me it's okay, it's okay to melt a little. It's okay to melt entirely.

Lately there has been song where I preferred silence. Yet as soon as the music hits I remember...I hate silence. I only tolerate it when I'm tired of humming the riffs, and that's the point where I need someone singing in my ear. Suddenly, I'm harmonizing, emptying, and folding in.

Lately I've been reminded that everything happens for a reason. And it's better to fight for that reason that to inject the anesthetic, because you aren't living if you aren't feeling.

Lately, good things have happened. To me, for me, near me, with me. And I am grateful. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Ariel said...

I'm glad you've found the rock

5:03 PM

 
Blogger carolynem said...

Ic wysce thaet ic wisra waera.
(The only sentence I know in Old English. It means: I wish that I were wiser.)

5:26 PM

 
Blogger carolynem said...

i would like to feel strike

11:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home