Saturday, February 04, 2006

I Shall sit like a sibyl, hour after hour intent. Watching the future come and the present go - and the little shifting pictures of people rushing in tiny self-importance to and fro.


The "next blog" button has this strange, cloying appeal. The cursor moving over it suspends like dice cupped in your hands, driving smooth dull indentions as you shake, ready to click onto something (someone) new. You could be shuffled into a family vacation blog, or one with a password (I hate those, they are so pretentious, I feel like I haven't been chosen for the dodgeball team or something), you could end up somewhere political, obscene, in a foreign language, or honest. When you're writing, ready to post on the vast, anonymous network, it's the third martini olive that rolls up to your lip. Inhibitions down.

And you, reader, who are you? Craving a tryst with the unknown? What does a reader want from a blog? Submit a personal add. The ideal blog is funny, liberal, can cook, great personality, grammatically correct, long walks on the beach, etc.

I suppose I write this blog with a savior complex. When I get down to it, I am under the belief that I post a fragment of me here, composed of actual fibers and desperations, reading it will close you, open you, change you, heat you, cut you, if only for the brevity of a moment of a flicker of a dice roll.

5 Comments:

Blogger carolynem said...

sing to me of the lilactime, of the springtime

6:25 PM

 
Blogger Ariel said...

Will you read your blogs to me always, please? It is wonderful to read them, but even better to hear your voice saying the words. :)

9:27 PM

 
Blogger the narcissist said...

a tryst with the unknown? yeah, i'd like that. contempt for the familiar and all that.

cool blog. love the poetry.

6:16 AM

 
Blogger Helen said...

I suppose we all want to be seen, heard and known just a little bit better. That is mostly why I blog. I also like the thought of leaving a little piece of myself in cyberspace for a long, long time to come. I envision someone coming across it years from now and wondering who I was, what I did, how I lived. A little too romantic, I suppose.
Peace.............

5:59 PM

 
Blogger carolynem said...

post, goddamn it.
though i guess the same could be said for me.

6:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home